When it comes to gaming, you better make a competitive choice choosing a laptop for gaming needs. While most gamers prefer using a gaming desktop PC, a gaming laptop does come packed with stunning features. However, these features depend upon the price as well as the feasibility of the laptop for gaming.
HP gaming laptops are a great option in this matter. There are several brands that are under focus for many gamers. The HP Pavilion 15 is one of these laptops. From elegant design to performance, it comes packed with splendid features that make it a great option. However, is it made for gaming and can deliver what most gamers want? Let’s find out:
- INSTANT GRATIFICATION – Experience a laptop with premium performance, so you can spend less time getting more done; it’s like a small PC that’s compact enough to go where you go with a long-lasting battery to power you through your day
- EPIC ENTERTAINMENT – With audio by B&O, a larger screen-to-body ratio, and a 15.6-inch Full HD micro-edged screen to maximize your view, entertainment on your laptop feels like bringing the theater home
- IMPRESSIVE GRAPHICS – The Intel Iris Xe Graphics gives you a new level of graphics performance with crisp, stunning visuals, plus the convenience of a thin and light laptop
- UNSTOPPABLE PERFORMANCE – Get things done fast with the 11th Generation Intel Core i7-1165G7 processor, which delivers instant responsiveness and best-in-class connectivity
- MEMORY AND STORAGE – Enjoy up to 15x faster performance than a traditional hard drive with 512 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD storage (4) and experience improved multitasking with higher bandwidth thanks to 16 GB of RAM
- WORK ON THE GO – Get work done on the go with a long battery life of up to 8 hours. while HP Fast Charge lets you go from 0 to 50% charge in approximately 45 minutes.
- OS AND WARRANTY – Do more with better peace of mind thanks to the HP 1-year limited hardware warranty and the seamlessly integrated Windows 10 Pro operating system .
The performance of the GPU matters the most when it comes to measuring the gaming performance of any laptop. If to summarize, the HP Pavilion 15 is not built for running AAA tiered games such as RDR2, The Witcher, etc. The system is able to offer superb gaming visuals while keeping details low. Tech geeks that have tested this laptop reported a drop in the average frame rate needed for running high tiered games. An average of 29fps was achieved for running The Witcher, which is quite low, considering it comes with Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB. Apart from that, it was unable to keep settings functional and avoiding blur even when V-sync was enabled.
Even while playing low tired games such as Rainbow Six Siege, the HP Pavilion 15 was able to achieve playable 31fps, which is lower than the average 61fps. The frame rate dropped from 40fps to 31fps, causing visual stuttering and lags. In addition, the system suffered from a crash when max settings were enabled, and a high fps was engaged. It shows that the HP Pavilion 15 isn’t made for intensive gaming, and would not be able to run high tiered games effectively.
Although the HP Pavilion 15 comes with a 15.6” full HD display screen, it still not promising in terms of the view. From faded colouring midway gaming to imbalanced hues and visual tears, the laptop didn’t present convincing results that can deem it worthy of intensive gaming.
It also produced only 62% sRGB colour gamut and it averages at only 176nits, which is way below that the average 252nits. Putting it into words, you’ll probably have a darker display and would need to focus a lot when playing in any dark mode. The display is ideal to work with; however, in terms of gaming, it’s a nay. The webcam isn’t promising due to the lack of colour focus.
The HP Pavilion 15 comes with Bang & Olufsen speakers that complete your immersive experience. Though it’s not just the sound that you want to enjoy while gaming, you can still get promising audio for your work. However, the catch still comes when you’re playing gaming sounds at high volumes. There’s a distorting as well as hollowness that arises with the increase in the sound. Keeping the sound volume to 80% would be an optimal choice.
The HP Pavilion 15 comes with an islanded keyboard with a crammed Numpad and backlit for the keys. The spacing is comfortable and the typing experience is great. If you’re a swift user and are into pressing multiple keys simultaneously, then this keyboard will be able to give the support you need.
Gaming laptops have always been facing difficulty when it comes to battery timing. However, this happens because of the running of immense specs, and the manufacturing doesn’t pay much heed to enhance battery hours. However, compared to others, the HP Pavilion 15 was able to offer an extended 15 hours on idle and 5 hours+ on usage. However, the battery timing may vary depending upon the type of work you’re using the laptop for.
Built For Gaming?
The HP Pavilion 15 isn’t suitable when it comes to high-end graphical accuracy needed. That is why the dedicated GPU 1050Ti isn’t able to offer the competitive graphical performance needed for intensive gaming. The system wasn’t able to run high tiered games, which means that you won’t be able to enjoy some of the latest releases or upcoming games. Even if you manage to launch them, the system won’t be able to support high frame rates, which is precisely the goal for every gaming laptop.
If you’re planning on buying HP Pavilion 15 for gaming needs, then it might not be a competitive option. There are several HP gaming laptops available in the market that are built for gaming needs. The HP Pavilion 15 is more of a notebook and designed for office and casual gaming.