However, there are many smartphone manufacturers who claim that their devices are waterproof, but it does not mean you can use them underwater. We have done some research and found top & best smartphones for underwater photography. And we will also give you a few tips to use your current mobile underwater.
One Plus 8 Pro is considering the one of the best smartphones for underwater photography now because of its waterproof IP68 license, competitive pricing, large screen, and good quality photographs.
As you can see, there are available bulky and rugged underwater smartphone cameras in the market. But well help you buy the best one that you can take on your holidays to the beach and you can’t go wrong!
Best Smartphones for Underwater Photography
- One Plus 8 Pro (Cheapest Smartphones for Underwater Photography
- Apple iPhone 12 (all variations) Smartphones for Underwater Photography
- Samsung Galaxy S20 (all variation) Top range Smartphones for Underwater Photography
- Apple iPhone SE (2020) Most affordable Smartphones for Underwater Photography
One Plus 8 Pro – Best Camera phone for Underwater Photography
The One Plus 9 Pro is top rated IP68 phone, IP68 means it can be submerged in 5 feet of water (1.5 meters) for 30 minutes. One Plus test says about it: “Tested under controlled laboratory conditions IEC 60529 with an IP68 rating. Resistance to water and dust may decrease with age.”
The Quad HD screen and sizeable 6.78-inch has a refresh rate of 120 frames per second. That’s a very smooth experience while taking images en shooting videos.
- Weight: 199g
- Dimensions: 165.3 x 74.35 x 8.5mm
- Display size: 6.78-inch
- Resolution: QHD+
- Refresh rate: 120Hz
- Pixel density: 513ppi
- Chip: Snapdragon 865
- RAM: 8GB / 12GB
- Storage: 128GB/256GB
- Rear cameras: 48MP + 48MP + 5MP + 8MP
- Front camera: 16MP
- Battery: 4,510mAh
- Rating: IP68
- Dual Nano SIMs
- Type C port
Apple iPhone 12
A super-powerful chip. 5G speed. An advanced dual-camera system. A Ceramic Shield front that’s tougher than any smartphone glass. And a bright, beautiful OLED display. iPhone 12 has it all — in two great sizes. Super strong materials and water resistance make iPhone incredibly durable. And automatic iOS updates deliver new features and security enhancements that keep your iPhone running beautifully and help it hold its value longer than other smartphones.
- Future-proofed with 5G and powerful innards
- New design and build quality
- Fantastic HDR screen & high-quality camera
Samsung Galaxy S20 Mobile Phone
The Samsung Galaxy S20 isn’t the most cutting-edge of Samsung’s S20 lineup – that honor goes to the Galaxy S20 Ultra – but it’s still a powerful phone with an ergonomic and attractive design, and the introduction of new features like 5G, the 120Hz display and upgraded rear cameras make it an outstanding handset.
- 64MP Telephoto Camera; 10MP Front Camera; 12MP Wide Camera and a huge 30x Space Zoom; capture the world around you like never
- 120Hz 6.2-inch Infinity-O Display: experience every moment in full, edge-to-edge clarity
- Galaxy S20 battery packs in 4,000 mAh so you can stay in charge throughout the day
- 8GB RAM; Exynos 990 Processor and 128GB storage with the capability of up to 1.1TB; truly epic power for truly epic days
- Smartphone preloaded with the Android V10.0 operating system
Apple iPhone SE (2020)
The iPhone SE features an IP67 dust and water resistance rating, which means it is entirely dust proof and able to withstand one meter of water (3.3 feet) for up to 30 minutes.
- The iPhone SE appears to feature the same 4.7-inch display
- It features multi-touch capabilities,
- P3 wide color support for rich, true-to-life colors, and 625 nits’ max brightness.
- 64GB and 128GB storage options